The Orioles have announced the details for their celebration of the 1970 World Series championship team, which will take place this Saturday, June 26 before, during and after the Orioles' 4:05 p.m. game against the Washington Nationals. The events for the day will include:
* An autograph session with select members of the 1970 team. The Orioles will have three locations on the Camden Yards lower concourse where players will sign autographs for fans from 2:30 to 3:15 p.m. Players expected to participate in the autograph sessions include: Fred Beene, Don Buford, Andy Etchebarren, Bobby Floyd, Bobby Grich, Dick Hall, Dave Leonhard, Tom Phoebus, Merv Rettenmund, Pete Richert, and Eddie Watt.
* A 1970 Anniversary memorabilia sale will take place on the lower concourse near Gate D from the time gates open at 2:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. The sale will include baseballs autographed by various members of the 1970 team and sold "grab-bag" style. Autographed limited edition photos from the Orioles private collection of the 1970 Hall of Famers will also be on sale. Finally, limited edition prints, autographed by all 1970 players attending the reunion will be for sale. There will be only 70 of these prints autographed by every returning member of the team, with just 50 of them available for purchase. A portion of the proceeds raised from this event will be donated to the Orioles Charitable Foundation.
* An Alumni Press Conference will take place from 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Participating in the press conference will be 1970 teammates Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson, Paul Blair, Boog Powell, Davey Johnson, and Jim Palmer as well as the manager of the 1970 Birds, Earl Weaver.
* A pre-game ceremony will begin on the field at 3:30 p.m. with a video tribute, followed by the 1970 team being introduced on the field with select members of the team throwing out the ceremonial first pitches.
* The Orioles will wear throwback uniforms from 1970 and the Nationals will wear the uniforms of the 1970 Washington Senators.
* The Orioles will auction off signed uniform items from both teams. Autographed and game-worn hats and jerseys from both the O's and Nationals, as well as helmets from the Orioles, will be auctioned off, along with autographed jerseys from players on the 1970 team. Proceeds from the auction will benefit the Orioles Charitable Foundation. The auction will last from Saturday at 6:00 p.m. until Monday, July 5 at 6:00 p.m.
For more information on any of the events taking place for the 40th Anniversary of the 1970 World Series Championship team or to purchase tickets to the game on June 26, fans can call 888-848-BIRD or visit www.orioles.com.