The Orioles today announced their plans to honor Orioles Hall of Fame pitcher, coach, executive and MASN broadcaster Mike Flanagan, who passed away on Wednesday.
- Beginning with tonight's game against the New York Yankees, Orioles uniformed personnel will wear a black circular patch with "FLANNY" written in white on their right jersey sleeves for the remainder of the 2011 season.
- A black banner with the No. "46" in orange has been installed just above the press box and below the booth where Flanagan sat as a member of the MASN broadcast team.
- Prior to tonight's game, the club will have a moment of silence in Flanagan's memory, and his uniform No. 46 will be posted on the out-of-town scoreboard in right field from the time the gates open through the conclusion of the game.
- A video tribute will be played on the Oriole Park video board at the completion of the first inning of the game.
- The Orioles flag on the right field flag court at Camden Yards will be flown at half staff for each of the remaining home games this season.
- The Orioles have set up a virtual guestbook at www.oriolesguestbook.mlblogs.com or at www.orioles.com/flanny and invite fans to share their condolences and memories of Flanagan.