With online voting for the 2012 Major League Baseball All-Star Game continuing through June 28 at 11:59 p.m., the Orioles are urging all fans to Vote Orange to send their favorite O’s players to the Midsummer Classic. The starting lineup and reserve players will be announced on July 1, while the game itself will be played on July 10 at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City.
Orioles OF Adam Jones (1,959,207 votes) has been steadily gaining ground for a starting outfield spot and trails Toronto’s Jose Bautista (1,996,940 votes) by fewer than 38,000 votes in the most recent vote totals announced by MLB on Monday. The club has launched a significant effort to get out the vote for Jones and his teammates and reward fans who do their part to make sure the O’s are well-represented.
* Thursday, June 28 has been designated as Vote Orange T-Shirt Thursday. The first 10,000 fans age 15 and over in attendance at the June 28 game against the Cleveland Indians will receive a Vote Orange T-shirt as part of the club’s T-Shirt Thursday promotion.
* Those attending Orioles games during the team’s upcoming homestand that begins tomorrow are encouraged to Vote Orange from their cell phones while at the game. An in-game PSA recorded by Jones, J.J. Hardy and Robert Andino encourages all fans to use their phones to vote for Orioles players. Those who show they have voted the maximum 25 times at any Oriole Park Fan Assistance Center will receive an “I Voted” sticker and a $5 off voucher for a future ticket purchase, good for up to eight tickets (a $40 value).
* The Vote Orange promo team and The Oriole Bird have already made, and will continue to make, appearances in neighborhoods throughout Baltimore this week, including the Inner Harbor, Federal Hill, Fells Point and Canton to encourage fans to Vote Orange. Those who vote the maximum 25 times will receive an “I Voted” sticker as well as two complimentary tickets to an upcoming game.
* Several local and national celebrities have voiced support for the Vote Orange campaign, including Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Shaquille O’Neal and Benji Madden, all via Twitter. Fans with Twitter and Facebook are encouraged to use the hashtag #VoteOrange and encourage their followers and friends to do the same.
* In honor of Oriole Park at Camden Yards’ 20th Anniversary, all fans who vote at least 20 times online (up to a maximum of 25) and select the Orioles as their “favorite” or “other favorite” team will be entered to win an All-Star Game jersey autographed by an Orioles’ All-Star representative. Fans are encouraged to vote online at www.orioles.com/allstar.