As the Orioles get spring training underway in Sarasota, the club will host five Division I college baseball teams for the Snowbird Classic at Ed Smith Stadium and the Buck O’Neil Baseball Complex this weekend, Friday, February 15 through Sunday, February 17. Five college teams - Florida Gulf Coast University, the University of Notre Dame, Ohio State University, St. John’s University and Mercer University - will play games at Ed Smith Stadium from Friday through Sunday. One game, on Sunday, February 17, will be played at the Buck O’Neil Baseball Complex at Twin Lakes Park. Over 6,000 fans are expected to attend the three-day event.
Day passes for the games can be purchased for $10 by calling 941-893-6300. Tickets may also be purchased at the Ed Smith Stadium Box Office, which is open Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Parking is available for $5 per vehicle in the East lot at Ed Smith Stadium.
A complete schedule of the weekend’s games is below.
* Friday, Feb. 15 at 2 p.m. - Florida Gulf Coast @ St. John’s (Ed Smith Stadium)
* Friday, Feb. 15 at 6 p.m. - Mercer @ Oho State (Ed Smith Stadium)
* Saturday, Feb. 16 at 11 a.m. - St. John’s @ Mercer (Ed Smith Stadium)
* Saturday, Feb. 16 at 2:30 p.m. - Florida Gulf Coast @ Notre Dame (Ed Smith Stadium)
* Saturday, Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. - Notre Dame @ Ohio State (Ed Smith Stadium)
* Sunday, Feb. 17 at 10 a.m. - St. John’s @ Ohio State (Ed Smith Stadium)
* Sunday, Feb. 17 at 11 a.m. - Mercer @ Notre Dame (Buck O’Neil Complex)
* Sunday, Feb. 17 at 1 p.m. - St. John’s at Florida Gulf Coast (Ed Smith Stadium)