The Washington Nationals today announced the games that will comprise the 2013 Patriotic Series presented by Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), during which the team will encourage fans to celebrate the American spirit while enjoying the national pastime at Nationals Park. In addition, the Nationals will launch a special series of games that will pay tribute to each of the five branches of our nation’s military throughout the season.
To mark Military Appreciation Day, the first game of the 2013 Patriotic Series, the Nationals will offer 3,000 complimentary tickets for the game on Saturday, April 27 to members of the military (active duty, dependent, reservist or retiree). Up to two tickets may be claimed for each military ID. Additional tickets in a variety of locations will also be available at a 50% discount for members of the military. Complimentary and discounted military tickets can be picked up at the Grand Staircase Box Office near First Base Gate beginning at 10:30 a.m. on April 27. All seating is subject to availability. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be distributed on a first-come-first served basis, while supplies last.
Dates that will comprise the 2013 Patriotic Series include:
* Military Appreciation Day - Saturday, April 27 vs. Cincinnati Reds
* Memorial Day - Monday, May 27 vs. Baltimore Orioles
* Independence Day - Thursday, July 4 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
* Heroes Day - Friday, September 13 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
For more information or to purchase tickets for the 2013 Patriotic Series, visit nationals.com/patriotic.
Military branch days will take place during the following games:
* U.S. Navy - Friday, April 12 vs. Atlanta Braves
* U.S. Marine Corps - Wednesday, May 8 vs. Detroit Tigers
* U.S. Army - Thursday, June 20 vs. Colorado Rockies
* U.S. Coast Guard - Monday, August 5 vs. Atlanta Braves
* U.S. Air Force - Thursday, September 19 vs. Miami Marlins
These efforts will supplement the various patriotic programs already in effect, including the In-Game Military Salute during every home game and the “Me and a Friend” initiative, which offers military children complimentary tickets for themselves and friends to enjoy each Sunday home game. Fans with a military ID can receive a $5 discount at the Nationals Park Box Office for every game. Discounted tickets for members of the military may also be purchased in advance at most Washington-area Morale, Welfare and Recreation Offices.