The Washington Nationals and Houston Astros will celebrate the grand opening of their brand-new Spring Training ballpark on Tuesday, February 28 at 1:05 p.m.
Fans can still purchase tickets for the inaugural Opening Day at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. Tickets start at just $20 and are available at ballparkpalmbeaches.com or in-person at the newly-opened Ballpark of the Palm Beaches box office. Fans should also note that the special promotion of 20% off select games at the ballpark box office ends Monday, February 27 at 5:00 p.m.
OPENING DAY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Emceed by Master of Ceremonies Charlie Slowes, the radio play-by-play announcer for the Washington Nationals, the Opening Day pregame ceremony will include:
* A ribbon-cutting ceremony featuring Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred, Principal Owners of the Washington Nationals Ted and Annette Lerner and members of the Lerner family, Owner and Chairman of the Houston Astros, Jim Crane, and members of his family and executive team. They will be joined on the field by the Mayor and Vice Mayor of Palm Beach County, current and former County Administrator, current and former members of the Palm Beach County Commission, the Mayor of West Palm Beach, current and former members of the West Palm Beach City Commission and the former CEO of the Economic Council of Palm Beach County.
* Ceremonial first pitch thrown by children from the Crossroads Baptist Church in West Palm Beach
* Our nation’s colors presented by the West Palm Beach Police Department Honor Guard, led by Lt. Frank DiStefano
* National Anthem performed by Palm Beach Opera Soprano Jessica Fishenfeld
* Flyover by the U.S. Coast Guard from Air Station Miami
* Lineup card delivery by Jeri Muoio, the Mayor of the City of Palm Beach, and Paulette Burdick, the Mayor of Palm Beach County
* Game ball delivery by Verdenia Baker, Palm Beach County Administrator
* Play Ball! announcement by a child from the Crossroads Baptist Church in West Palm Beach
* “God Bless America” performed by Palm Beach Opera tenor Derrek Stark
* PA announcements by Chris Deitrick, play-by-play commentator and journalist for FOX 29 WFLX/WPTV and ESPN 106.3, as well as PA announcer for Palm Beach Atlantic University athletics and Roger Dean Stadium
PARKING AT THE BALLPARK
There are more than 3,200 parking spaces on-site at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. Day-of-game parking is available in all lots for $10. RV and bus parking is available for $25. Ballpark parking lots will open on game days at 9:00 a.m. Valet parking is available to fans at a price of $20 per car.
Entrances to the onsite parking can be found on Haverhill Road and Military Trail. Fans can enter the main Haverhill Road entrance to park in the northwest parking area. Here fans can also access the south lot that features the largest number of spaces. From Military Trail, fans may enter the parking lot south of the Shiloh Street entrance.
10:30 a.m. for Season Ticket Holders
11:00 a.m. for General Public