The Orioles and Entercom, the nation’s unrivaled leader in sports radio, have announced the broadcast schedule for 2018 Spring Training. Baltimore’s 105.7 The Fan (WJZ-FM), the flagship station of the Orioles Radio Network, will feature 13 Orioles Spring Training games beginning with the home opener against the Tampa Bay Rays on Friday, February 23, at 1:05 p.m. ET. The broadcast schedule also features 10 additional home games in Sarasota, including the March 24 home finale against the Minnesota Twins. The final three broadcasts will feature 30-minute pre-game and post-game shows. Entercom’s 105.7 The Fan will again broadcast all 162 Orioles regular season games.
In addition to the Spring Training schedule, Entercom’s 105.7 The Fan will take Baltimore’s Big Bad Morning Show with Rob Long, Ed Norris, and Jerry Coleman on the road to Sarasota between February 19-23. Broadcasting live from Ed Smith Stadium from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. daily, the show will provide fans with an all-access look inside Spring Training with a robust slate of guest interviews and Orioles analysis. The week will be themed “Welcome Back, Baseball” leading up to the first spring training broadcast on the 23rd.
The “Hot Stove Show” on 105.7 The Fan will continue to air every Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. through February 22 live from The Orioles Grille at the Sheraton Inner Harbor. Beginning on March 1, the program will be re-branded to the “Orioles Spring Training Report” with four shows originating from Sarasota, Fla. through March 22.
* Friday, Feb. 23 vs. Tampa Bay Rays, 1:05 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. 24 vs. Minnesota Twins, 6:05 p.m.
* Wednesday, Feb. 28, vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 1:05 p.m.
* Saturday, March 10 vs Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:05 p.m.
* Sunday, March 11 vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 6:05 p.m.
* Wednesday, March 14 vs. New York Yankees, 1:05 p.m.
* Saturday, March 17 vs. Toronto Blue Jays, 1:05 p.m.
* Sunday, March 18 vs. New York Mets, 1:05 p.m.
* Tuesday, March 20 vs. Tampa Bay Rays, 6:05 p.m.
* Wednesday, March 21 at New York Yankees, 6:35 p.m.
* Tuesday, March 22 vs. Boston Red Sox, 1:05 p.m.#
* Saturday, March 24 vs. Minnesota Twins, 6:05 p.m.#
* Sunday, March 25 at Philadelphia Phillies, 1:05 p.m.#
# - includes 30-minute pregame and postgame shows