The Washington Nationals announced their Minor League managers, coaches and coordinators for the 2018 season on Friday. Nationals Vice President and Senior Advisor to the General Manager Bob Boone, Assistant General Manager and Vice President, Player Personnel Doug Harris and Director of Player Development Mark Scialabba made the joint announcement.
* Randy Knorr returns to the dugout after spending the previous two seasons (2016-17) as a Senior Advisor to President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Mike Rizzo. He will manage the Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs, the club he led in 2011. Knorr’s managerial experience with Washington’s organization dates to 2005 when he managed Single-A Savannah.
* Brad Holman joins the organization as Syracuse’s pitching coach after spending the previous two seasons (2016-17) as the bullpen coach of the Texas Rangers. He was promoted to that role after spending seven seasons (2009-15) as a pitching coach through various levels of Texas’ Minor League system.
* The Gulf Coast League Nationals will be led by a new manager, former Nationals Minor Leaguer, Mario Lisson and new pitching coach, Larry Pardo. Lisson joins the managerial ranks after a 16-year professional playing career that included stints in the Kansas City (2002-12), San Francisco (2014) and Washington (2015-17) organizations. Pardo returns to the role of pitching coach after spending the previous two seasons with the Atlanta Braves as their Director of International Player Development.
* Pitching coach Michael Tejera moves from the GCL Nationals to Double-A Harrisburg, Sam Narron moves from Single-A Hagerstown to Single-A Potomac, Tim Redding moves from Short-Season Single-A Auburn to Single-A Hagerstown and Franklin Bravo moves from Single-A Potomac to Short-Season Single-A Auburn.
* Former Major Leaguer Freddy Guzman has been tabbed as hitting coach of the Dominican Summer League Nationals. Guzman joins the coaching ranks after a 16-year professional career that included parts of five Major League seasons. He made his MLB debut with San Diego in 2004 and would go on to appear in big league games with Texas in 2006 and 2007, New York in 2009 and Tampa Bay in 2013.
* Former Triple-A Syracuse Manager Billy Gardner Jr. will transition to the role of Minor League Roving Coordinator.
* Jeff Allred was promoted to the role of Assistant Medical Coordinator and Eric Montague (Triple-A Syracuse), TD Swinford (Double-A Harrisburg), Don Neidig (Single-A Potomac), Darren Yoos (Single-A Hagerstown) and Kirby Craft (Short-Season Single-A Auburn) were all promoted one level. Shane Hill will move from Auburn to Single-A Hagerstown, where he will serve as their Strength and Conditioning Coach.
* Washington also welcomes Will Lindholm as Auburn’s Strength and Conditioning Coach and Anthony Rosario as an assistant with the DSL Nationals.