The Washington Nationals Dream Foundation and Delta Air Lines are proud to announce the 11 recipients of the 2018 Delta Dream Grants.
The Nationals Dream Foundation introduced Delta Dream Grants during the 2016 season, an initiative which awards grants to nonprofits that provide services to children and teens in the Washington, D.C. region. Sponsored by Delta Air Lines, the funding provides support for effective programming in accordance with the mission of the Dream Foundation and Delta Air Lines’ commitment to give back to the communities where employees live and work.
A full list of this year’s recipients can be found below.
* Banneker City Baseball (baseball equipment/field refurbishment)
* Boys & Girls Clubs of Fauquier (healthful nutrition and food preparation)
* Capitol City Little League (baseball equipment/field refurbishment)
* DC UrbanGreens, Inc. (healthful nutrition and food preparation)
* Falls Church Kiwanis Little League (baseball equipment/field refurbishment)
* Fauquier FISH (healthful nutrition and food preparation)
* FRESHFARM (healthful nutrition and food preparation)
* Kid Power, Inc. (healthful nutrition and food preparation)
* Martha’s Table (healthful nutrition and food preparation)
* South Lakes High School PTSA Food Pantry (healthful nutrition and food preparation)
* YMCA of Metropolitan Washington (healthful nutrition and food preparation)
“In partnership with Delta Air Lines, we are delighted to unveil the 2018 Delta Dream Grant recipients,” said Tal Alter, Vice President, Nationals Dream Foundation & Youth Baseball Academy. “We received applications throughout the year from many deserving groups and are extremely proud to support these 11 organizations. This year’s grants are dedicated to improving local programming focused on healthful nutrition, as well as the refurbishment of youth baseball fields and/or the purchase of substantial baseball equipment. We are confident that the 2018 Delta Dream Grants will go a long way to improve the lives of children and teens in the Washington, D.C. region.”
The 2018 Delta Dream Grant recipients will be honored during an on-field ceremony at Nationals Park on Tuesday, August 21. Tal Alter and a representative from Delta Air Lines will present this year’s grantees with their checks prior to the start of the Nationals game vs. the Philadelphia Phillies.
For more information on Delta Dream Grants, please visit nationals.com/DeltaDreamGrants.
In addition to the Delta Dream Grants, the Nationals Dream Foundation has contributed to several other projects this year, including 2018 MLB All-Star Game Legacy Projects, the Bryce Harper Legacy Field at Takoma Community Center, and the Nationals Youth Baseball Academy. In total, the Dream Foundation has given nearly $1 million in 2018.
For more information on the Nationals Dream Foundation, please visit nationals.com/Dream.