Major League Baseball and the Baltimore Orioles are encouraging fans to arrive early to Oriole Park at Camden Yards for the game against the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday, July 20. Security will be significantly increased due to the attendance of First Lady Michelle Obama, who will be a part of the first pitch ceremonies.
All fans will be required to pass through magnetometers which will cause delays when entering through gates.
Due to the ramped up security and heavy foot traffic around the ballpark, MLB and the Orioles are offering the following tips to fans attending the game:
* Arrive early to allow for enough time to enter the park as you should anticipate long lines.
* Gates A & H will open at 5:00 p.m. Eastern. The remaining ballpark gates will open at 5:30 p.m.
* All fans are encouraged to arrive at their seats by 6:30 p.m. Eastern for the start of pre-game ceremonies.
* Security will be on heightened alert when inspecting all packages and containers brought into the ballpark.
* Standard Club policy for permitting containers through entrance gates will be in effect.
* If you are bringing a bag, it must meet Major League Baseball and the Baltimore Orioles' standard size restriction (16"x16"x8").
* Please minimize items you bring into the stadium to speed up the inspection process.