In honor of Military Appreciation Night on Wednesday, May 16, the Washington Nationals are proud to offer free tickets to service members and their families when the team goes head-to-head against the Pittsburgh Pirates beginning at 7:05 p.m.
Military personnel with a valid military ID (active, retired, reservist or dependent) can receive up to two complimentary tickets to next Wednesday's game. Tickets will be available for pick up on May 16 at the Main Box Office on N Street, SE from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After 4:30 p.m., tickets will be available at the Grand Staircase Box Office on First Street, SE.
As part of the Military Appreciation Night festivities, all branches of the military will be highlighted throughout the pregame ceremonies and in-game programming*:
· Max Impact, the premier rock band of the U.S. Air Force, will perform a special pregame concert at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk
· The 11th Bombardment Group, comprised of World War II veterans, will be honored on the field
· Lt. Gen. Frank Gorenc of the U.S. Air Force will throw out the Ceremonial First Pitch
· A representative from the U.S. Marine Corps will deliver the lineup card
· The U.S. Air Force Color Guard will present the nation's colors
· Master Sergeant Ryan Carson, the lead singer of Max Impact, will sing the National Anthem and God Bless America during the 7th Inning Stretch
· A representative from the world renown U.S. Navy Blue Angels will deliver the game ball
· Military children from USO-Metro will take part in the Starting Eight
· A representative from the U.S. Army will announce 'Play Ball!'
· The U.S. Air Force 1st Helicopter Squadron will perform a flyover
Military Appreciation Night will serve as the first of five home games that make up the Nationals 2012 Patriotic Series, a series of games during which the team will encourage fans to celebrate the American spirit by enjoying the national pastime at Nationals Park. The remaining games in the Patriotic Series include:
· Independence Day - July 4 against the San Francisco Giants
· IAVA Night Presented by Miller High Life - Aug. 1 against the Philadelphia Phillies
· Labor Day - Sept. 3 against the Chicago Cubs
· Heroes Day - Sept. 9 against the Miami Marlins
All fans are eligible to take advantage of special ticket offers for these five games in the following locations:
· LF/RF Baseline Reserved - $40 per seat with $15 food/beverage credit
· LF/RF Corner - $25 per seat with $10 food/beverage credit
· LF/RF Mezzanine - $20 per seat with $6 food/beverage credit
· Upper Infield Gallery - $10 per seat
The Nationals plan to incorporate a variety of creative gameday elements during each game of the Patriotic Series to pay tribute to those who risk their lives to protect this country. In addition, Nationals players will wear the team's patriotic uniforms featuring the stars and stripes Curly "W" during every game of the Patriotic Series. These efforts will supplement the various patriotic programs already in effect, including the In-Game Military Salute during every home game and the "Me and a Friend" initiative, which offers military children complimentary tickets for themselves and friends to enjoy each Sunday home game.
For more information or to purchase tickets for the 2012 Patriotic Series, visit nationals.com/patriotic.