Attention those who boast a set of golden pipes, or can at least sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” better than Carl Lewis or Roseanne Barr.
The Nationals are searching for performers to sing the national anthem during the 2012 season. Those selected will get the chance to sing our nation’s hallmark song in front of thousands of Nationals fans and then enjoy some good ol’ fashioned baseball.
Applicants are required to submit a resume (audio or video performance) along with a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first 90 anthem hopefuls to submit their application will then be invited to audition live at Nationals Park on Saturday, March 10 at 10 a.m. Winners will be chosen from the group and then performance dates will be determined. As for the guidelines to the performance, remember the following:
* The anthem should be no longer than 90 seconds
* The anthem must be performed in a traditional style with all auditions sung a cappella
* Groups or instrument auditions are allowed, as well
Or, if singing is not your thing, and if you’re a girl 18 years or older living in the D.C. area, you might think about auditioning to become a 2012 Nationals ballgirl.
You may have noticed the duo of young ladies at each Nationals game whose job it is to scoop up any foul balls that roll down the respective baselines. On Tuesday, Feb. 21, the latest batch of ballgirls will be decided. Those interested should submit a resume, cover letter and recent headshot to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Feb. 21, where upon finalists will be chosen and invited to try out at Nationals Park on Saturday, Feb. 25.
Similar to the national anthem performers, there are a few stipulations for applicants:
* You must be at least 18 and a resident of Washington, D.C.
* Must be able to avoid fair balls and field foul balls and know the difference between the two.
* Must be athletic; baseball or softball knowledge preferred but not required
* Must be punctual and reliable, with a flexible schedule and the willingness to work early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
* Must have strong interpersonal skills with a positive, energetic personality; strong communication skills are also preferred
Good luck to all those who apply!