Starting off spring training games this week, the Nats got their first taste of the National League East with games versus the Marlins, Mets and Braves that ended in a win, three losses and two ties.
On Sunday, the Nats announced that Christian Garcia would miss the next 10-14 days with a wrist/forearm strain. While the decision to rest the righty is conservative, the Nats are looking to give him the time he needs. Also close to a return is catcher Wilson Ramos, who is rehabbing from last summer’s two knee surgeries.
For the latest from Florida, give Dan Kolko a follow on Twitter and us a follow on Instagram!
In case you missed it, read more on these stories and other headlines:
* Information on the Nats’ accelerated development program
* Matt Purke progressing
* A closer look at Brandon Mann
* In spring training, Bryce Harper wants in
* Nathan Karns impresses in first outing
* Stephen Strasburg focusing on big picture