With the offseason comes trade rumors, waiver news and coaching staff shakeups. The Nationals have experienced all three this week.
Both Trent Jewett and Roy Clark left the Nats organization this week to pursue different opportunities. Clark, the Nats' former assistant general manager and vice president of player personnel, has joined the Dodgers, and former third base coach Jewett is now the bench coach of the Seattle Mariners.
As it is only November, many offseason trade rumors will fizzle out. The latest player rumored to possibly be on the trading block is Denard Span. In addition, this week, the Nats requested release waivers on Mauro Gomez, who never appeared in a game in the Nats' system.
These are just some of the top headlines this week. Be sure to check back every Friday for your weekly wrap of Nats news.
* Zimmermann finishes seventh in NL Cy Young voting
* Nats fan tweets his way to a hitting lesson with Zimmerman
* Pitching prospect Mirowski building confidence in three pitches in Arizona
* Werth finishes 13th in NL MVP voting
* Nationals Youth Baseball Academy nearing completion in D.C.
* Solis delivers Mesa into AFL championship game