If you're anything like me, the blockbuster trade announced this week - sending Ian Kinsler to Detroit and Prince Fielder to Texas - made you that much more excited for baseball season.
Is it opening day yet?
More specifically, is it May 30? On this date, the Astros and Orioles will play in MLB's annual Civil Rights Game in 2014. Should be a game to remember and an awesome event.
So, it's not May 30? Is it Feb. 1 yet? The O's announced the date as the day of FanFest. In addition, the O's announced they will be wearing a commemorative 60th anniversary patch on their uniforms this season.
This week, the O's added three players to their 40-man roster: Eddie Gamboa, Tim Berry and Michael Ohlman.
OK, so it's still a few more months from spring training. I'll do my best to be patient, but for now, here are some other headlines that you may have missed this week.
* Birds sign Kelvin De La Cruz to a one-year contract
* Noting a few Orioles scouting staff changes
* Taking another look at second base
* Britton: "Next year is important for me, and not just because I'm out of options"
* O's sign pitcher Edgmer Escalona to one-year deal
* O's won't attempt to re-sign Wada
* Orioles sign S. Schoop, Bermudez to minor league deals
* O's add four minor league free agents