Good news: One more day until FanFest and exactly two months until opening day!
Although pitchers and catchers report in just two weeks, my focus is currently on FanFest, which I'm personally labeling the start of the 2014 season.
If you're planning on heading to the Baltimore Convention Center tomorrow, be sure to stop by the MASN booth. We'll be giving away prizes on-site through Twitter and Instagram. Also, we'll have chances for you to take photos with players and MASN talent, and we'll be holding a trivia contest. Come to our booth, and you could walk away with signed gear, suite tickets and other great prizes! For more details, click here.
This week, a main topic of conversation among O's fans and media members has been A.J. Burnett. The 38-year-old veteran and Monkton, Md., resident decided that he wants to pitch again this season. Since the Orioles are in need of starting pitching, they seem like a great fit for Burnett. Among others, ESPN's Keith Law thinks that the Orioles would be wise to sign Burnett.
While waiting for news to break about Burnett, we did hear this week that the O's signed two international players. First baseman Carlos Diaz is 17 years old, 6-foot-2 and 200 lbs. Third baseman Jomar Reyes is just 16 years old, 6-foot-4 and 235 lbs.
I've never felt smaller.
Well, I'm headed out to prepare for FanFest tomorrow. I'm super excited to meet you all. Be sure to stop by the MASN booth to enter to win some great prizes, and be sure to say hello to me!
While you wait, here are some headlines that you may have missed this week:
* More on Machado's upcoming knee exam
* O's sign Tracy to minor league deal
* When was the best crowd at Camden Yards?
* Five Orioles ranked among the top 101 prospects in baseball by Baseball Prospectus
* Matusz still carrying a starter's mentality
* Brian Roberts: "I never really envisioned ever playing somewhere else"
* Flaherty trying to win job at second base
* Check out prizes you could win at FanFest!