Unfortunately, this week has come with bad news for Orioles fans.
News broke Wednesday that there may be issues with outfielder Tyler Colvin's physical, and yesterday, the Rays signed Grant Balfour to a two-year deal.
However, it has also been reported that the O's are making progress in talks with former Rays closer Fernando Rodney. The Orioles also signed left-hander Aaron Laffey to a minor league deal this week.
The long-awaited signing of Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka occurred this week, as the Yankees inked the righty to a whopping seven-year, $155 million contract. With that deal wrapped up, we should expect free agents to go off the market faster, as it seemed that all moves had been stalled of late as teams waited for the Tanaka domino to fall. Now, the question is: What moves will the O's make?
While we wait, check out other headlines that you may have missed this week. I have also included some pictures that I snapped of a snow-covered Camden Yards today. Since I went outside and was slapped in the face with the horribly frigid air, I figured that I should post some so my efforts weren't in vain.
* Jim Callis talks about the Orioles on the MLB.com top 100 list
* Wieters faces uncertain future as an Oriole
* Markakis on his 2013 season, his workouts and his outlook
* Will Bud Norris become key part of O's rotation?
* Early reviews on Wallace and Chiti
* Who will be the Orioles' difference maker in 2014?
* Yard Work: Is snow helpful or harmful to the field at Camden Yards?
* Hearing about trade to Orioles was music to Brach's ears