I don't know if you follow us on Facebook or not, but we have been counting down the days until opening day through pictures, like the one to the right.
Seeing these pictures makes me even more excited for opening day. Just 10 more days!
While we're counting down, the Orioles are still in the process of making cuts and getting their roster whittled down for the start of the regular season. Although there was a lot of rain in Florida this week, Buck Showalter and the rest of the O's staff got good looks at various players, including Alex Gonzalez, Jonathan Schoop and Steve Johnson.
Offseason acquisition Suk-min Yoon was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk this week. Xavier Paul and catcher Johnny Monell were also cut, making Maryland native Steve Clevenger the front-runner for the O's backup catcher role.
Although Dan Duquette is pleased that the Orioles have had an overall healthy spring, two lingering injuries continue to make the headlines. Left fielder David Lough, who has been battling a neck injury, was expected to play in a game Thursday, and Manny Machado flew to Los Angeles to get an update on his knee.
Also, this week, Chris Tillman was named the Orioles' opening day starter. He will be followed by Ubaldo Jimenez. The Orioles also brought a familiar face back into the organization yesterday. Reliever Luis Ayala signed with the O's after being released by the Nationals earlier in the week.
We're in the final stretch, O's fans! While we wait, check out these headlines from this week.
* More from one-on-one interview with Duquette
* Showalter and Tillman on the opening day assignment
* Hearing from Bundy, Lough and Santana
* Hardy discusses his nickname
* Still quiet on the contract talk front for the Orioles and Chris Davis
* After some tweaks to his pitches, T.J. McFarland is battling for an O's roster spot
* Life on the bubble: Steve Pearce is once again battling for a roster spot