Every week the public relations staff puts out a media guide of basically everything you need to know about the weeks match-up. This week they dug up some good information on the history of the Ravens and Steelers match-ups.
- The Ravens aim to snap a 3-game skid against the Steelers. Baltimore is 6-7 at home vs. the Steelers, having won 5 of 6 at home dating back to 2003.
- In the month of November, the Ravens are 2-0 against the Steelers in games played in Baltimore. The Ravens are 3-2 all time in November vs. Pittsburgh.
- Since 2000, Pittsburgh ranks number one in total defense with 277.8 yards allowed per game. Baltimore stands at number two since then with 284.3 yards per game. However, when it comes to points allowed Baltimore comes in at number one with Pittsburgh trailing at number two.
- Since 2003, only twice has a season series between these teams been swept. Baltimore did it in 2006 and Pittsburgh did it last season.
- Derrick Mason’s 78 career catches and 973 receiving yards against Pittsburgh are the 3rd most he’s posted versus any team in his career.
- Ray Lewis’ 259 tackles against the Steelers are the most he has versus any team in his career. His 6.5 sacks rank 2nd most vs. any team in his career.
- Last season in the AFC Championship game, Suggs tallied two sacks for -17 yards. Suggs’ eight career sacks against the Steelers are his second most versus any team.