The Baltimore Ravens are holding cheerleading tryouts on March 6, at the Merritt Athletic Club in Baltimore for anyone who has what it takes to join one of the best cheerleading programs in the NFL.
To be eligible to tryout, you must be 18 years or older by July 1, 2010 and be able to attend all home games, two practices per week in-season (August - January) and one practice per week in the off-season (April - June). Also, participants may not cheer for another professional or collegiate team concurrently.
On Saturday, the participants must make it to the athletic club by 9:30 to register. Registration goes to 11:00 a.m. and material will be taught from 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Tryouts will begin shortly after and if you make the cut, callbacks will be held on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 11 a.m. at the Merritt Athletic Club.
Here’s the attire you must wear as passed along by the team:
Female (Stunt and Dance)
* Sports bra and fitted shorts of your choice.
* Apparel should be flattering to your body type with emphasis on an appearance that will highlight your audition.
* White tennis shoes-stunt and dance or boots for dance only.
* Need to arrive with full hair & makeup.
* Plain white T-shirt (no tank tops or cut off t-shirts)
* Dark colored shorts
* White tennis shoes
* Need to be well groomed; no ponytails beards or mustaches
Also, upon arrival the participants must have the following forms completed:
All of the above forms, along with more information, can be found on the Ravens web site.