Have the Ravens possessed the ball the entire first half of this ballgame, or is it just me?
Baltimore has controlled play throughout the first 30 minutes in Cleveland, yet John Harbaugh's team has just a 10-point lead at the half.
Here are some quick-hit notes on the first half of play:
* My goodness, the Browns' run defense is bad. At one point, the Ravens ran the ball on 13 straight plays, and Cleveland was helpless to stop them. The Ravens have absolutely run all over the Browns today, picking up 158 yards on the ground so far. Ray Rice has 107 yards himself, including 75 in the first quarter alone.
* I'm not done talking about the Ravens' dominance in the run game just yet. They held the ball for nearly 19 minutes and averaged 5.6 per carry. As much as you can put that on the Browns' sub-par front-seven, you should also credit the Ravens' offensive line for getting good push and dominating the line of scrimmage.
* Billy Cundiff has had a really tough day. The 2010 Pro Bowler is just 1-for-3 on field goal attempts (missing from 34 and 41 yards), and his made extra point grazed off the upright before going through. Cundiff's missed 34-yard field goal was the first time he's been off-target on a kick inside 40 yards all season.
* I love the one play-call Cam Cameron went with mid-way through the second quarter, when he had the offensive line sell a hard run action to the left and then called for Joe Flacco to pitch the ball out to Ricky Williams to the right. There was only one Browns defender on that side of the field, and Williams followed a nice block by Anquan Boldin for a 15-yard gain.
* We got our first ever Tyrod Taylor sighting early in the second quarter, and the rookie quarterback was used much like former Ravens backup QB Troy Smith often was. Taylor got the snap in a Wildcat formation with Flacco split out wide, and ran to the right for a two-yard gain. Should we start calling that formation the "Suggs Package" as well?
* How about Dannell Ellerbe? Starting in place of Ray Lewis, the third-year inside linebacker has been all over the field and leads the Ravens with six tackles so far today, including one for loss.