As much as I enjoy covering the Ravens and watching their games on Sundays, I love the rare times when I get to kick back and enjoy the RedZone channel and a relaxing day of flipping through games.
As a matter of fact, I'm going to go ahead and put the RedZone channel up there with electricity and the telephone as one of the greatest inventions of all-time. Yeah, I said it.
Here are a few notes and quotes which got lost in the shuffle over the last couple days:
* The Ravens did not allow a single sack against the 49ers on Sunday, marking the first time all season that quarterback Joe Flacco has not been sacked in a game. After some struggles a few weeks ago, the Baltimore offensive line has really played well in pass protection of late, allowing just two sacks in their last three games combined.
* Did anyone else catch the NFL Network's "Sound FX" show in which they mic'd up a number of Ravens and 49ers players and coaches during Thursday night's game? I thought it was a really interesting look inside the game and allowed us to see how the guys on the field interact with their teammates, coaches and the referees. As could be expected, Terrell Suggs had a couple gems during the hour-long show.
* The Ravens are now 9-2 all-time when they wear their black jerseys, including 6-0 under John Harbaugh. Maybe we'll have to see those black unis a bit more, huh?
* Frank Gore could be considered one of the top backs in the league when healthy, but the Ravens completely held him in check Thursday, keeping the physical running back to a season-low 39 yards.
* Check out this festive quote from Cory Redding when asked about the Ravens' pass rush against the 49ers: "It's Thanksgiving man, there's a lot of turkey. We had to go out there and eat. And that's the beauty of stopping the run; when you do that, you can pin your ears back and rush the passer."
* Teams never want to fall behind early, but that's especially the case when they play the Ravens. Under Harbaugh, the Ravens are a sparkling 29-5 when they score first in a game, including 6-0 this season.
* Wide receiver Lee Evans only made one grab for eight yards Thursday night, but it was a huge one grab. With the Ravens facing a third-and-seven late in the third quarter, Evans caught a Joe Flacco pass about two yards short of the marker, but fought off two tackles and earned a first down. 10 plays later, the Ravens scored the game's lone touchdown. It was Evans' first catch since Week 2 after an ankle injury kept him out for seven weeks.
* After nailing a 39-yard field goal with 3:10 left in regulation on Thursday, Billy Cundiff is now a perfect 14-for-14 on field goals kicked in the fourth quarter since 2010.