Orioles will offer contract to Reimold

Executive vice president Dan Duquette indicated today that the Orioles will tender a contract to outfielder Nolan Reimold.

Reimold, 30, is rehabbing from a second surgery to fuse two vertebrae in his neck. He expressed optimism in his recovery during an interview last month with MASNsports.com, and Duquette seems convinced after checking with the Orioles' medical personnel.

"He's coming along pretty well. He's ahead of where he was," Duquette said.

"We'll see how it goes, but right now we plan on tendering him."

Reimold was viewed as a non-tender candidate after making $1 million this season and being limited to 40 games because of a small tear in his hamstring and the neck surgery. He batted .195/.250/.336 with three doubles, five homers and 12 RBIs.

The Orioles will allow Reimold to compete for a job in left field and to serve as the right-handed designated hitter.

All nine of the Orioles' arbitration-eligible players will be tendered contracts, including left-hander Troy Patton and outfielder Steve Pearce. The others are first baseman Chris Davis, catcher Matt Wieters, closer Jim Johnson, starter Bud Norris, left-hander Brian Matusz and reliever Tommy Hunter.

The deadline for tendering contracts is Dec. 2. Arbitration hearings will be scheduled if the two sides can't reach agreement.

"We plan on tendering our roster," Duquette said.

Raises for everyone!

blog comments powered by Disqus


Rocket Fuel