Some notes as the Orioles try for their first win of the year after an 0-5 start against New York.
* After getting 12 hits last night, the Orioles team batting average is now .288 over the last eight games. They are hitting .311 with runners in scoring position during that stretch.
* The last two Orioles games, one each with Boston and New York, have lasted a total of eight hours and 49 minutes.
* The Yankees are 10-8 on the year against the American League East and 9-8 on the road. They are just 5-10 over their past 15 games.
* The Orioles look for their 20th win of the season tonight. Last year they didn’t get number 20 until June 24.
* The Orioles have lost five in a row and eight of their last nine games against New York. The Yankees are 9-3 at Camden Yards since the start of last year and have won 19 of their last 25 games here.
* Nick Markakis is 8-for-18 during a four-game batting streak. Luke Scott has just one hit in 20 at-bats over his past six games.
Here is how tonight’s O’s lineup has fared against CC Sabathia:
Andino: 4-for-11, with a double and HR
Hardy: 1-for-3 with a double
Markakis: 11-for-41 with a homer and five RBIs
Guerrero: 5-for-31 with a HR
Jones: 10-for-30 with two homers, nine RBIs and .994 OPS
Snyder: No at-bats
* While Sabathia is 3-3 on the year with an ERA of 3.47 in nine starts, he is just 1-2 with a 5.95 ERA over his last three starts with a batting average against of .282 in the three outings.
* Left-handed batters are hitting .193 off Sabathia while right-handers bat .282. He has given up just three homers in 59 2/3 innings on the season.