Some quick notes with the Orioles leading the Reds 4-0 after four innings tonight at the Yard.
* While the Orioles are 20-18 at home on the year and have lost their last two at home, they are 10-4 over their past 14 games at Camden Yards.
* The Reds went 5-for-8 batting with runners in scoring position in their last game, a 10-2 win over the Yankees Wednesday night in game two of a doubleheader. They had gone 2-for-27 with RISP in their previous five games. They are 1-for-4 tonight with RISP through the third inning.
* Adam Jones’ solo homer in the last of the third gave the Orioles a 3-0 lead. It was his 12th of the year and 9th at home. Jones now has an RBI in six straight games with eight RBIs in that stretch.
* Two of the Reds’ big hitters have homer droughts working heading into this series. Joey Votto has just one homer over his last 17 games and Jay Bruce is homerless over his past 19 contests.
* If Nick Markakis gets a hit tonight and he is 0-for-1 with a walk so far, he will tie Vladimir Guerrero at 14 games for longest hit streak of the season by an Oriole. This is the third longest hit streak of Markakis’ career after a pair 17-game streaks, the most recent of which was from April 13 to May 1, 2009.
* O’s designated hitters have gone 21 games and the last 83 at-bats with just one homer. But Guerrero is a .366 career hitter versus the Reds.