Here are some Mark Reynolds homer notes after he hit Nos. 19 and 20 in Monday’s game.
* Reynolds’ last five hits have been homers and seven of his last eight hits are home runs.
* With 20 homers, Reynolds became the first Oriole since Charles Johnson in 2000 to hit 20 or more homers before the All-Star break. Johnson hit 20 in 2000. According to Elias, the last Oriole to hit 20 before the break in his first year with the Orioles was Frank Robinson (21) in 1966. Robinson won the Triple Crown and the American League Most Valuable Player award that year.
* Reynolds has hit 10 homers at home and 10 on the road.
* Reynolds has hit 11 solo homers and two with runners in scoring position.
* He has hit 15 of his homers against right-handed pitching and five against lefties.
* Reynolds has hit five homers over his last three games, seven in the last eight and eight in his past 14 games.
* Over his last 27 games, Reynolds is batting .329 (28-for-85) with 13 homers and 25 RBIs.
A note from the minor leagues: Single-A Frederick RHP Oliver Drake was named Orioles Minor League Pitcher of the Month for June and Carolina League Pitcher of the Week after throwing 17 1/3 scoreless innings last week. Frederick OF Steven Bumbry was named Orioles Minor League Player of the Month for June after batting .296 with two homers, eight RBIs and a .859 OPSin the month.