He has allowed four runs or more in seven of the eight games.
Hunter enters tonight's start with a 1-4 record and ERA of 8.79 in seven career games versus the Angels. He is 24-15 with an ERA of 4.71 in 52 major league starts.
Here are some other notes about the Orioles and Angels:
* I didn't realize this, maybe you have, but the Orioles have a winning record over the last 24 games at 13-11. That is beginning on Aug. 22 when they were 47-77 and beginning a four-game series, which they would sweep, at Minnesota.
* Orioles starters Alfredo Simon and Jeremy Guthrie recorded quality starts the last two games, allowing four runs over 14 innings. It's the first time since Aug. 29-30 that the pitching staff has produced back-to-back quality starts.
* Robert Andino went 0-for-3 Wednesday to snap a 10-game hitting streak. He hit .350 (14-for-40) during that streak. J.J. Hardy is just 5-for-29 without an RBI over his last seven games. Mark Reynolds is hitless over his last 20 at-bats. He is just 2-for-31 with 13 strikeouts over his last eight games.
* Los Angeles begins play tonight 3.5 games back of Texas with 13 to play in the American League West and four back in the wild card race. The Angels are 8-3 over their last 11 games and 32-25 since the All-Star break.
* The Orioles are just 1-5 this year against the Angels after going 6-0 last season. That was the first time they swept the season series from the Angels in team history.