Did you know:
* That the Orioles have won seven games in a row against the American League East by a score of 44-19 since a 2-1 loss April 30 at New York. The Orioles are also 10-1 in their last 11 games within the division.
* The Orioles are 12-5 this year against the AL East and are 22-10 versus the AL East since last Sept. 7.
* The Orioles bullpen, which gave up 11 earned runs in 11 innings in the Texas series, has not allowed a run, hit or baserunner in this series over 6 1/3 innings. In fact, the O’s ‘pen has retired all 19 batters it has faced the last two games against Tampa Bay.
* Xavier Avery, making his major league debut today and leading off for the Orioles this afternoon, hit well at Triple-A against right-handed pitching and faces a right-hander today in James Shields. Avery batted .281 against the right-handers with Norfolk with a OBP of .369 and OPS of .901. He hit safely in his last six games at Triple-A, going 10-for-22 with three doubles and two homers.
* Today’s starter, Jake Arrieta, has three quality starts in seven outings on the year. He has twice not allowed a run in a game but he gave up four runs or more in his other five starts. His ERA is 5.14 over the first two innings of his 2012 starts.
* Adam Jones ranks in the top five in the AL in homers, runs, total bases, slugging and extra-base hits. Jones is fifth in the league in at-bats per homer at 13.6. He is now batting .320 with runners in scoring position.