Here are a couple of updates on some currently injured minor league players:
* Triple-A Norfolk's Ryan Adams has been out since mid-May with a fractured right thumb. He could begin a minor league rehab injury assignment on June 25 with short-season Single-A Aberdeen.
* Norfolk catcher Luis Exposito, who has been out with a hamate bone injury, should return around July 15.
* Double-A outfielder Ronnie Welty, who last played on May 10, could return around July 1. Welty has been out with a sore right elbow. He was batting .352 in his first 27 games between Frederick and Bowie and had the highest batting average of any Orioles minor leaguer before he went to the DL.
* Bowie pitcher Mike Wright, on the DL since June 6 with a hamstring injury, could be back around July 1.
* Bowie first baseman Tyler Townsend is rehabbing another hamstring injury in Sarasota but is not yet ready to play in any games there.
* Bowie right-hander Oliver Drake, who is on the Orioles' 40-man roster, began the year on the DL due to right shoulder soreness. He made three starts with the Baysox, going 1-1 with an ERA of 1.50 and then felt some discomfort in that shoulder again, landing him back on the DL June 5. He was examined by Orioles orthopedist Dr. John Wilckens.
At this time, there is no talk I've heard about him needing any procedures. But at the same time, he is not close to returning to the mound and his DL stint could be a long one.
* The comeback of pitcher Brandon Erbe was briefly derailed this week by a fluke injury that won't keep him out very long. Erbe was pitching on Thursday night for Single-A Frederick when a throw from the catcher on a steal attempt hit him in the right bicep. He suffered a bruise there and had to leave the game.
The Orioles saw he needed a few days off so they put him on the seven-day disabled list with Frederick's All-Star break coming up on Monday. It looks like Erbe will be back pitching when the Keys resume play with the beginning of the second half next Thursday.
Coming tonight: I'll be live blogging during tonight's Orioles-Braves game. I'll put the entry up about a half hour or so before the game and it will be there for any comments and/or questions you want to post during this evening's game as well as notes I add throughout the contest. Be there for that tonight.