The Orioles are 1-3 on this road trip and they have allowed 27 runs in those four games. Wei-Yin Chen and Miguel Gonzalez got rocked.
To say the least, the Orioles could use a good start today from Scott Feldman, who is 4-3 with an ERA of 4.56 since being acquired from the Cubs.
Feldman has been solid in his career against the AL East and you know the O's considered that before trading for him. He is 11-10 with an ERA of 4.16 in 26 career starts.
With the Orioles, he has faced Toronto and Boston and is 1-1 with an ERA of 5.11 in two starts against the division.
Over his last three starts overall, Feldman has allowed just four earned runs over 17 innings for an ERA of 2.12.
Here is a strange Feldman stat: Opponent batters hit just .101 (7-for-69) against him when the count is 2-0, that is the best mark in the majors. Explain that one.
Some other O's-Yankees notes:
* After going 6-0 last season in series at Boston and New York, the O's are 1-3 this year and one loss the next two days would make that 1-4. The Orioles went 13-5 in those cities in 2012, but so far are 5-8 in Boston and New York.
* The Orioles need to win today to end August with a .500 record at 13-13. They went 18-9 last August.
* New York is 31-26 against the AL East, winning 10 of its last 15 in the division.
* Adam Jones recorded his eighth outfield assist Friday night. Since becoming an Oriole in 2008, Jones leads the majors with 56 assists from center field. Matt Kemp is second with 47.
* Over his last five games, Manny Machado is 8-for-17 with two doubles, a homer and seven RBIs. He has an RBI in all of those games for a career-high five consecutive games with an RBI.
* Machado has doubled in back-to-back games for the first time since June 25-26. The last time he had doubles in three straight games was June 14-16.