By homering in each of the last two games, Orioles catcher Matt Wieters now has hit a career-high 13 homers on the year. Wieters hit nine in 2009 and 11 last year.
Wieters has homers in back-to-back games for the first time all season. Plus, he has now hit three homers over his last seven games after going 21 games without one.
Here is another interesting note about Wieters' hitting this year: He is batting much better this season when he bats right-handed, thus facing lefty pitchers.
Against left-handers this year, Wieters is batting .330 with six homers, 15 RBIs and a .988 OPS in 97 at-bats. Against right-handers on the season, he is batting .238 with seven homers, 29 RBIs and an OPS of .643 in 298 at-bats.
Against lefties last season, Wieters hit just .210 with a .564 OPS so his numbers versus the southpaws represent a huge improvement from 2010.
Some other notes from last night's win:
* The Orioles gave up just one run after allowing 38 runs in losing the previous five games.
* Zach Britton's starting outing was much needed as he gave up one run over five innings. That ended a five-game stretch where O's starters allowed five earned runs or more. In their previous 22 games, Orioles starters had pitched to an ERA of 7.12.
* Nick Markakis has four multi-hit games over his past five games with a pair of two-hit and a pair of three-hit games. He is 11-for-22 during that five-game stretch. Markakis now has an eight-game batting streak and is hitting .457 with two homers and eight RBIs during the streak.
* Mark Reynolds is 7-for-23 with two doubles and a homer over his last six games.
* Robert Andino is batting .344 (11-for-32) with four RBIs during an eight-game hitting streak.
* Adam Jones went hitless last night, snapping his nine-game hitting streak. He hit .455 during the run. Jones has five RBIs over his last five games and 14 in the last 17 games
* Minnesota is 55-72 on the year and is 11-23 over the last 34 games. The Twins have lost four straight home series, going 3-12 in their last 15 home games after Monday's loss to the Orioles.