This post is gonna be all over the place, so just bear with me...
* The Junkies Movie Reviewer, BDK, recently included "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" in his Top 10 Movies of 2010 list. He should immediately be deported to Iran and stoned to death for that. It's the worst movie I can remember watching since Wall-e, which BDK also loved. To be fair, here's his complete Top 10 list for 2010: Scott Pilgrim, Inception, How to Train Your Dragon, Shutter Island, Black Swan, The Fighter, Toy Story 3, The Social Network, Kick Ass, and The King's Speech. My taste in movies usually runs parallel to BDK's, but I have to draw the line here. I will never get that 90 minutes of my life back, and it's all BDK's fault.
* More Haynesworth drama - Props to Kevin and Rock from 106.7 The Fan for landing an exclusive radio interview with Albert Haynesworth yesterday. Rock had to cut some corners, and his 5-year old was babysitting his 1-year old for a minute, but they produced some radio gold. Can Skins fans believe this soap opera has played out through the entire 2010 season? And we thought this organization was thrust into chaos by the Jim Zorn era...more of the same under Shanny. But Shanahan's antics come with a more expensive price tag, to the tune of his $7 million salary. Just four more games for Shanny to deal with his 350-pound headache, and then Albert rides off into the sunset with $35 million of Dan Snyder's money falling out of his pockets.
* My fantasy football radar is dysfunctional - I advised starting Matt Cassel over Tom Brady; Cassel struggles and throws 1 touchdown against the Broncos woeful defense, and Tom Brady goes nuts with a 4 touchdown masterpiece on Monday Night Football. I also thought Mike Tolbert of the Chargers made for a better play than Brandon Jacobs facing the Redskins 32nd-ranked defense.....Jacobs rampaged through the Skins defense for 103 yards on 8 carrries, scoring 2 touchdowns and averaging 12.9 yards per carry; Tolbert was a non-factor, carrying 7 times for 16 yards. And I forgot to bench Santana Moss for Chris Ivory, which wound up being a 20-point swing, costing me the last playoff spot in one of my leagues. Fantasy sports, you are indeed a cruel mistress.
* Things I hate - The Pittsburgh Penguins on a 10-game winning streak, while my Caps have dropped 3 straight games, including 2 at Verizon Center. Back to back losses at home to Atlanta and Toronto? Embarrassing, and certainly not good for Junkies co-host Lurch's bankroll, seeing that he's betting the Caps to win every night this season.
* The Terps got hosed - How do the Terps finish 3rd in the ACC and wind up in a bowl game in Washington, DC? Nothing against the Military Bowl, but a better fate should have awaited Maryland after a surprising 8-4 campaign in 2010. Coach Friedgen better coach up the defense too, because their Military Bowl opponent, East Carolina, scores in bunches. Domonique Davis is the best quarterback you've never heard of, racking up 45 total touchdowns for the Pirates this season.
* Men shouldn't wear headbands/earmuffs - I can understand trying to stay warm on the sidelines while your Pats are giving the Jets the beatdown on Monday Night Football, but Bill Belichick has to ditch that headwear. A knit hat works, and looks 1,000 times more manly in the process. You look like you're about to take a step aerobics class with that monstrosity on your head. Everybody knows you're no fashionista, with your cutoff hoodie assortment, but you have to know that is a terrible look.