While there have been a number of developments early this afternoon on the kidnapping of Wilson Ramos - some of them hinting at progress in the search to find the Nationals catcher and the men who took him - authorities in Venezuela are still short of their ultimate goal.
A report by Ultimas Noticias in Venezuela said that there are more than 300 law enforcement officials searching for Ramos. Additionally, police believe they have found the second vehicle used to kidnap Ramos on Wednesday night.
The Body of Scientific, Penal and Criminal Investigations (CICPC), the Venezuelan police department, put out a statement a few minutes ago that said it is possible more people were involved in Ramos' abduction than the four armed men who took him. They also believe Ramos was a specific target, and that the group who took him may be behind other kidnappings. Lastly, the statement flatly denied a rumor that Ramos had been found dead.
And as of now, the 6 p.m. vigil outside the center field gate at Nationals Park is still planned as scheduled, though the Nationals are not sanctioning the event and the creators of the vigil have mandated that supporters disperse without protest if they are asked to leave. More information about the vigil is available here.