Orioles to host 5K walk benefiting LUNGevity Foundation in memory of Monica Pence Barlow

For the fourth consecutive year, the Orioles will host LUNGevity Foundation’s Breathe Deep Baltimore, a 5K walk to raise funds and awareness for lung cancer, which again this year is in memory of Orioles’ late Public Relations Director, Monica Pence Barlow, on Saturday, September 16, at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

The 5K walk will begin at 9:00 a.m. and conclude on the field. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., and fees are $25 for adults, $15 for students and seniors, and $10 for youth. There is no race fee for lung cancer survivors and children four and under.

Registration is available online now at www.orioles.com/lungevity. Donations made online through September 30, will be eligible for various prizes reflective of the total funds raised through the Breathe Deep Fundraising Rewards Program. Registrants who raise at least $250 will receive a special performance t-shirt.

All proceeds of the walk will benefit LUNGevity Foundation, a non-profit firmly committed to making an immediate impact on increasing quality-of-life and survivorship of people with lung cancer by accelerating research into early detection and more effective treatments, as well as providing community, support, and education for all those affected by the disease. The Orioles have raised nearly $600,000 for LUNGevity Foundation since the partnership began in 2012.

“The Baltimore Orioles continue to be wonderful partners in the quest to create a world where no one dies from lung cancer,” said ANDREA FERRIS, president and chairman of LUNGevity. “We’re grateful for their help in raising awareness and vital funds for research into the early detection and improved therapeutics for the disease. It’s been very meaningful to us and the Baltimore community to honor Monica’s memory, and inspire hope amongst lung cancer survivors nationwide.”

Monica Pence Barlow was the Orioles Public Relations Director and a member of the organization for 14 years. Barlow passed away in February of 2014 after a four-and-a-half-year battle wit