The playoffs are now well underway, but the hot stove season has not yet begun. The work to get a new collective bargaining agreement is a cloud over the sport right now with a lot of us hoping against any work stoppage. The rancor of the players and owners as they negotiated how to play the shortened 2020 season was terrible for the sport.
But let’s not spend time worrying about that today and instead invest some time for you to answer a few questions. My 10 questions format is changing to just a few questions this winter.
Why? Why not? No reason. We just may have five question one time and eight the next. The rule is there are no rules for this blog.
Confused? Me, too.
But onto a few questions for O’s fans for today:
1. What will be a reasonable improvement in the Orioles record for next year, one that would encourage fans about the club’s future?
2. Who will be the 2022 Most Valuable Oriole?
3. How many starts will Grayson Rodriguez make for the O’s next year? When do you predict he debuts?
4. Name a few players yet to debut in the majors that will play for the O’s next season.
5. Will Cedric Mullins be the first Oriole to ever go 30-30 twice?
6. Of these arbitration-eligible Orioles - Trey Mancini, Pedro Severino, Pat Valaika, Anthony Santander, Jorge López, Paul Fry, Tanner Scott and John Means - which are most likely to get non-tendered?