The Washington Nationals today released new details about 2013 NatsFest, taking place for the first time at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center on Saturday, January 26, 2013.
More than 25 Nationals players and prospects are expected to attend the fun-filled baseball festival, including but not limited to*: Corey Brown, Tyler Clippard, Ian Desmond, Ross Detwiler, Danny Espinosa, Christian Garcia, Gio Gonzalez, Brian Goodwin, Bryce Harper, Nathan Karns, Steve Lombardozzi, Ryan Mattheus, Tyler Moore, Michael Morse, Ryan Perry, Anthony Rendon, Will Rhymes, Matt Skole, Drew Storen, Kurt Suzuki, Chad Tracy, Jayson Werth and Jordan Zimmermann. (All player appearances are subject to change.)
Nationals GM Mike Rizzo and Mark Lerner, one of the team's Principal Owners, as well as team broadcasters Bob Carpenter, F.P. Santangelo, Charlie Slowes and Phil Wood will also be in attendance. In addition, Nationals fans will have the first opportunity to meet two of the team's latest additions, Dan Haren and Denard Span. Please note that all autograph vouchers are SOLD OUT; autograph voucher holders are encouraged to visit nationals.com/natsfest for important information.
Open to fans of all ages from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m., NatsFest will offer a variety of activities including:
* Q & A sessions with players and coaches on topics including 'Preparing for Games' and 'Life on the Road'
* Opportunities to take photos with players and team mascots
* A special Jr. Nats Kids Forum featuring Player Story Times and Kids Press Conferences
* The chance to learn about the team's innovative virtual ticketing system
* Games, interactive events and surprises
The event will also feature:
* Live broadcast by 106.7 The Fan, the team's official flagship radio station
* Opportunities to purchase the latest Nationals merchandise as well as game-used and autographed memorabilia
* Batting cages, inflatable games and 2012 trophy display
* D.J. Stylus Chris spinning music throughout the day
* Concessions for purchase
NatsFest will also offer fans the first opportunity to purchase individual and group tickets to see the Nationals take on the New York Yankees in a special preseason exhibition game on Friday, March 29 at 2:05 p.m. Tickets for NatsFest are currently on sale for Season Plan Holders at $15 for adults and $5 for children under the age of 12, and for the general public at $20 for adults and $10 for children under the age of 12 and can be purchased at nationals.com/natsfest.
Fans planning to utilize Metro's Red Line to attend NatsFest are encouraged to add at least 20 minutes to their planned travel time due to scheduled weekend track maintenance. For directions and parking, visit the Convention Center website at www.dcconvention.com.