Online voting begins tonight; in-park voting set to begin on Sunday with return of Vote Orange Rewards Program
After a successful 2013 campaign, in which first baseman Chris Davis, center fielder Adam Jones, and shortstop J.J. Hardy were selected by the fans to start the 2013 All-Star Game, the Orioles are again encouraging fans to vote early, vote often, and "Vote Orange" in 2014.
Online voting for the 2014 Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Minnesota will begin this evening at approximately 8:30 p.m., and in-park voting at Oriole Park at Camden Yards will begin Sunday. Also beginning Sunday, the Orioles will launch this year's Vote Orange Rewards Program, designed to reward fans who vote a minimum of 50 times using paper ballots.
Online Voting: Beginning tonight, fans can cast their votes online for Orioles players up to 35 times per email address at www.orioles.com/voteorange using the 2014 All-Star Game Ballot.
Each fan who votes 25 times and selects the Orioles as their "favorite" or "other favorite" club will receive an online promo code valid for $10 off a box seat or $5 off a reserved seat for any game in the Orioles series against the Los Angeles Angels on July 29-31. With each promo code valid for the online purchase of up to four seats, the offer could save fans as much as $40 on their tickets.
In addition, fans who vote the maximum 35 times online and select the Orioles as their "favorite" or "other favorite" club will automatically be entered into the 2014 Orioles All-Star Sweepstakes with a chance to win an All-Star Game jersey signed by the 2014 Orioles All-Stars.
Online voting concludes on July 3 at 11:59 p.m. For a complete list of sweepstakes rules, visit www.orioles.com/voteorange.
In-park voting: In-park balloting at Oriole Park at Camden Yards will take place starting this Sunday, April 27 and run through June 15.
Ballots will be distributed to fans in their seats during each game; however, fans looking to take part in the Vote Orange Rewards Program for the chance to win fantastic prizes should visit the Vote Orange Rewards Booth on Eutaw Street.
Fans who complete as few as 50 paper ballots and submit them by the sixth inning will be eligible to win an autographed photo at each home game and have their name displayed on the center field video board as the "Voter of the Game." Rewards for higher vote totals include buttons, t-shirts, autographed baseballs, field box seats and on-field post-game access, and a catered suite. The top voter during the seven-week program will have the opportunity for a meet and greet with one of the Orioles' 2014 All-Stars.
The Vote Orange Rewards Booth will be located on Eutaw Street outside of the Camden Lobby, where fans can register for the program and pick up their ballots. Fans must register for the program and return their ballots on or before June 15 to be eligible for the rewards. In case of inclement weather, the booth will be moved inside the concourse adjacent to Gate D.
A complete list of Vote Orange rewards is below.
Vote Orange, Rewards:
* 50 ballots, Entered to win an Autographed Photo each home game; winner's name displayed on scoreboard in 7th inning (ballots must be returned by 6th inning)
* 150 ballots, Vote Orange Button
* 500 ballots, Orange T-Shirt
* 1,500 ballots, Entered to win one of 10 autographed baseballs by a current Orioles Player (10 randomly selected fans)
* 3,000 ballots, Two (2) Field Box seats for Orioles vs. Mariners on August 2 and an Autograph Prize Pack
* 7,500 ballots, Entered to win one of three (3) autographed 2013 All-Star jerseys by Chris Davis, J.J. Hardy or Manny Machado (3 randomly selected fans)
* 10,000 ballots, Two (2) Field Box seats for Orioles vs. Indians on May 23 and on-field passes for the post-game fireworks (first 15 fans)
* Top Five Voters, 12-Person Catered Suite for 2014 season (top 5 fans)
* Top Voter, Meet and Greet with a 2014 Orioles All-Star
Fans with Facebook and Twitter accounts are encouraged to promote the Vote Orange campaign by using the hashtag #VoteOrange and by sharing Vote Orange graphics from the Orioles Facebook page with their friends and followers.