The Orioles today announced their 2018 Spring Training promotions and special events schedule featuring many fun-filled promotional giveaways and events for fans to enjoy at Ed Smith Stadium.
On Friday, February 23, the Orioles will celebrate Opening Day at 1:05 p.m. ET against the Tampa Bay Rays. All fans will receive a 2018 Spring Training magnet schedule, presented by Visit Sarasota, as the Orioles begin their ninth season at Ed Smith Stadium. Additionally, the first 1,000 female fans will receive a Birds of Paradise flower, presented by Beneva Flowers.
Fans will enjoy two additional giveaway items this spring. On February 24, the first 7,000 fans will receive an Orioles Greyscale Cap when the Orioles host the Minnesota Twins at 6:05 p.m. Additionally, the first 5,000 fans attending the March 10 game against the Pittsburgh Pirates at 1:05 p.m. will receive a Manny Machado Starting Lineup Figure.
As always, all fans ages 4-14 are invited to participate in a postgame Kids Run the Bases, presented by Comfort Suites Sarasota, where they can run the bases like their favorite Orioles players after every Sunday home game this season (March 4, 11, 18). During three games this season (February 26, 28, and March 8), seniors (ages 60 and over) will receive a $2 discount on reserved grandstand tickets and will get their turn to take the field at their own pace for Seniors Run the Bases.
Fans can also enjoy several special events at Ed Smith Stadium throughout Spring Training, including Youth Baseball Day, presented by the Sarasota YMCA, on March 11, when pre-registered youth baseball and softball teams will participate in an on-field pregame parade prior to the 6:05 p.m. game against the Philadelphia Phillies. The Orioles will also wear specially-designed, green caps for St. Patrick’s Day on March 17 against the Toronto Blue Jays at 1:05 p.m. at Ed Smith Stadium. The game-worn caps will be autographed, authenticated, and auctioned online to benefit the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens. The auction will be held online from March 17-22 at www.orioles.com/spring. Spring Training games at Ed Smith Stadium will conclude with Fireworks Night, presented by the Sarasota Herald-Tribune on March 24 following the 6:05 p.m. home finale against the Minnesota Twins.
The eighth annual All Faiths Food Drive will take place on March 24, when volunteers will collect food and monetary donations at the gates. Since 2011, more than 6,000 pounds of food and more than $7,500 in cash donations have been collected at the yearly food drive to help people in need in the Sarasota community.
To purchase tickets, or for more information, call 1-941-893-6300 or visit www.orioles.com/spring.
2018 Orioles Spring Training Promotions
* Feb. 23 vs. Rays, Opening Day Spring Training magnet schedule sponsored by Visit Sarasota, all fans; Birds of Paradise Flower sponsored by Beneva Flowers, first 1,000 female fans
* Feb. 24 vs. Twins, Orioles Greyscale Cap, first 7,000 fans
* Feb. 26 vs. Tigers, Seniors run the Bases postgame, all fans 60 and over
* Feb. 28 vs. Cardinals, Seniors run the Bases postgame, all fans 60 and over
* March 4 vs. Red Sox, Kids run the Bases postgame sponsored by Comfort Suites Sarasota, all fans 4-14
* March 8 vs. Blue Jays, Seniors run the Bases postgame, all fans 60 and older
* March 10 vs. Pirates, Manny Machado Starting Lineup Figure, first 5,000 fans
* March 11 vs. Phillies, Youth Baseball Day pregame, sponsored by Sarasota YMCA, all fans 4-14; Kids run the Bases postgame sponsored by Comfort Suites Sarasota, all fans 4-14
* March 18 vs. Mets, Kids run the Bases postgame sponsored by Comofrt Suites Sarasota, all fans 4-14
* March 24 vs. Twins, Fireworks Night postgame sponsored by Sarasota Herald-Tribune, all fans