NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Winter Meetings are over. The Orioles continue to look for a bat and pitching. The Nationals need a lefty reliever and a decision from first baseman Adam LaRoche.
Here’s what the other American League East and National League East teams are doing:
* Yankees: Strange how quiet they were at the meetings, considering they need a catcher, third baseman, DH and right fielder. “Patience is a good thing,’’ Yankees GM Brian Cashman said. “We have plenty of time.’‘
* Red Sox: The Red Sox added Shane Victorino to play right field, but they are in the market for rotation and bullpen help. They also need a shortstop and a backup first baseman.
* Rays: The Rays plan to use Desmond Jennings in center field to replace B.J. Upton, who led them in home runs and RBIs in 2012. The Rays might trade pitching for a run-producing bat.
* Blue Jays: The Blue Jays’ roster is virtually set, and their only need is a right-handed batter for the bench.
* Braves: Atlanta added B.J. Upton in the middle of the order and Jordan Walden to the bullpen. Now they need a leadoff batter. If they don’t get one, they’ll try Martin Prado or Andrelton Simmons there.
* Phillies: Philadelphia acquired its center fielder, Ben Revere, from the Twins on Thursday morning, and now they focused on a third baseman. The Phils might be getting the Rangers’ Michael Young to play that position.
* Mets: They need just about everything, including a power bat, help in the rotation and bullpen and a catcher. Will they trade NL Cy Young Award winner R.A. Dickey to get a few new pieces? The Mets also have said they’re willing to go into 2013 with Dickey on an expiring contract, but Dickey doesn’t want that.
* Marlins: Rookie manager Mike Redmond takes over at a time when fans are angry at ownership for stripping the roster. Redmond was a catcher on the 1998 Marlins team that was gutted after they won the 1997 World Series. He said he plans to take the same approach Jim Leyland took with a team that had 19 rookies and triple-digit losses: “Never once, did I sense that he had given up in game or said, ‘We just lost 100 games, what’s another one?’ He managed every game to win and that was impressive to me.’‘