In a successful week of spring training, the Orioles have continued to trim down their roster, with opening day just 11 days away.
On Saturday, before the O’s went on to beat Toronto, the Birds optioned top prospect Dylan Bundy, and as expected, he was sent to Double-A Bowie.
A day later, LJ Hoes was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk. On that day, the Orioles played split-squad games, and our Roch Kubatko and Steve Melewski kept you updated on both games from Florida.
The most recent cuts came on Wednesday, with three moves made. Luis Exposito was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk, and Daniel Schlereth and Adam Russell were sent to minor league camp.
As we count down to opening day, O’s starters, including Zach Britton and Steve Johnson, are still battling it out for the fifth spot in the rotation.
The Orioles have just 10 more spring training games until the regular season starts to figure it out. They’re counting down the days, as I am. The baseball season’s almost here!
In case you missed them, read more on these stories and other headlines:
* O’s beat the Red Sox on Tuesday
* O’s beat the Blue Jays on Wednesday
* Pirates, Orioles tie Thursday
* Who will be the Orioles’ fifth starter?
* Adam Jones talks about World Baseball Classic experience
* The case for Chris Davis’ defense
* The McFarland debate
* Matt Hobgood throws for Single-A Delmarva