I'll send along transcription later from interviews with president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail, manager Dave Trembley and newly acquired pitcher Kevin Millwood. But first...
* MacPhail said Millwood wasn't on the club's original "target sheet," but talks heated up in frigid Indianapolis.
* The Orioles are still interested in adding a few more pitchers, including one starter. "Absolutely," MacPhail said. "We're still in the pitching business."
* Asked if the Orioles might discuss a contract extension with Millwood during the season, MacPhail replied: "We'll see over time. Let's see how things play out."
* MacPhail didn't want the first pitcher obtained to be someone with medical issues, a reference to Erik Bedard, among others.
* Millwood is likely to be the No. 1 starter heading into the season.
* Asked if the Orioles also received $3 million in the deal, MacPhail said the figure was "in the ballpark."
* MacPhail doesn't expect to sign or acquire any more players before leaving the meetings tomorrow. "I would be surprised if we did," he said.
* Millwood said his contract actually includes 12 teams that he can't be traded to without his consent.