The Orioles offense continues to be a mixed bag of some good and some not so good.
After last night's loss in Kansas City, the team batting average is .238 and the club is averaging 4.2 runs per game. The Orioles have scored 29 runs in the five games of the road trip.
After getting double-figure hits just five times as team over the first 20 games, they have had 10 or more hits five times over the last eight games.
They still don't steal many bases, but Adam Jones got one last night. The Orioles have been successful on 10 of 11 steal attempts for a success rate of 91 percent.
Updating some Orioles' hitters:
* Robert Andino is 0-for-9 over the last three games after a four-game stretch where he went 7-for-14 with a home run. He has an OPS of .745 and bats .346 (9-for-26) versus left-handed pitching.
* Vladimir Guerrero is 5-for-17 with two RBIs during a four-game batting streak. He has just one extra-base hit, a homer, over his last 10 games. Going back over a 13-game stretch, Guerrero is batting .309 with three homers and nine RBIs.
* Adam Jones is 6-for-9 the past two games after an 0-for-12 stretch, raising his average from .207 to .250. He is 6-for-16, for an average of .375 with runners in scoring position.
* Derrek Lee is 5-for-9 the last two games. Over his past eight games, he is batting .353 at 12-for-34. He drove in just two runs in his first 22 games and has four RBIs his last six games. But he is still just 2-for-23, for an average of .087 with runners in scoring position.
* Nick Markakis went 0-for-5 last night, his 11th hitless game of the season. Over his last 17 games, he has just one extra-base hit, a double and only three RBIs. He has just 12 hits over his last 70 at-bats.
* Mark Reynolds has two homers and five RBIs over the last nine games and is batting .273 with runners in scoring position, but he is just 3-for-25 over the last seven games and is 5-for-52 (.096) over his past 15 games.
* Brian Roberts is 4-for-23 over his last six games. He has two doubles over the last four games and five in his past 14 games.
* Luke Scott has four homers over his last six games after hitting a three-run homer last night. He now has hit six homers his past 14 games. Over the last eight games, Scott is batting .344 with four homers and nine RBIs.
* Matt Wieters is 3-for-17 over his past five games. But over a 14-game stretch, he is hitting .283 with three homers and 13 RBIs. Wieters is an amazing 9-for-12 on the year batting with runners in scoring position with three homers and 15 RBIs in those situations.