Derrek Lee had four hits and a season-high five RBIs last night. Lee has been on an RBI binge lately. He has eight RBIs in his last seven games and, over his last 16 games, Lee has hit five homers with 17 RBIs. He has five multi-RBI games in that time.
He was batting just .157 on the year with runners in scoring position, but is up to .181 after adding two hits in those situations Tuesday night.
In 11 games since the All-Star break, Lee is batting .318 with two homers, 11 RBIs and an OPS of .902.
Lee, who was struggling when batting third earlier, has done much better when hitting sixth in the order as he was last night. Batting third this year, Lee's average is .231 and OPS is .657. When he bats sixth, those numbers are .344 and 1.047 in 61 at-bats.
Other offensive notes from last night:
* The Orioles had 12 runs and 16 hits in the win after scoring just seven total runs with a team average of .205 over the previous four games. In the four games before that, they had scored 30 runs.
* The Orioles have scored nine runs or more seven times this year. Jake Arrieta has been the starting pitcher in five of those games.
* The Orioles had a season-high, eight extra-base hits with four doubles and homers. It was the first time they had scored 10 or more runs in a game at Toronto since April 22, 2005. That was 58 games ago.
* Matt Wieters is certainly not noted for his speed, but Wieters has scored 11 runs in 11 games since the All-Star break.
* The Orioles have now hit seven homers over their past three games and 19 in the last 10 games.
* It looks like Nolan Reimold is starting to get most of the starts in left field. Over his last three games, he is 4-for-11 with two doubles and a homer. Over his last eight games, he has two homers and six RBIs.
A note from the minors. Manny Machado's bat is heating up with Single-A Frederick. He is 5-for-8 his past two games with three doubles, a triple and three RBIs. He is batting .371 (13-for-35) over his last nine games with five doubles, two triples and eight RBIs to raise his average 60 points. He is batting .333 with an OPS of .942 in 17 games this month.
On the season, in 25 games with Frederick, Machado is batting .278 with two homers, 13 RBIs and a .808 OPS.