A quick note or two on tonight's game.
* When Matt Wieters gave the Orioles a 3-0 lead with a third-inning single, he improved his average on the year to .381 when batting with runners in scoring position. He hit just .213 with RISP last year.
* Mark Reynolds' RBI double in the second inning gave the O's a 1-0 lead and was his 50th RBI. It snapped a 3-for-27 stretch and 11-game RBI drought for Reynolds. He also has gone 11 games without hitting a homer.
* Jeremy Guthrie has just one win in 15 career starts versus Boston. He is 1-7 with a 4.62 ERA against the Sox.
* Boston starter Kyle Weiland was 6-2 with a 2.39 ERA in his last 11 Triple-A starts before Boston called him up to start in the last series against the Orioles.
* Adam Jones is 2-for-2 so far tonight and that makes him now 8-for-18 during a five-game batting streak with two doubles, three homers and seven RBIs.
* In the last 13 games, the Orioles bullpen has worked 55 2/3.
* Boston enters tonight with 13 wins in its last 15 games and has won seven straight against the Orioles, who are just 3-15 over the last 18 games and 8-24 the past 32 games.