Checking in with a few Orioles hitting notes before they host Chicago tonight in Game 2 of a four-game series.
* Matt Wieters went 3-for-3 with two doubles last night, snapping a stretch where he had just seven hits in 51 at-bats. It was Wieters’ first three-hit game since July 5 and the first time he had two doubles in a game since June 24.
* Nolan Reimold is struggling right now. He has just three hits over his past 26 at bats. In his last 10 games, Reimold is 4-for-33 (.121) without a homer or an RBI.
* Over his last 11 games, J.J. Hardy is batting just .234 with 11 hits in 47 at-bats. But 10 of those hits have gone for extra-bases with four doubles and six homers. He also has 13 RBIs during that 11-game stretch.
Hardy’s four-RBI night last night matched his season high. He also had four-RBI games on May 15 against Tampa Bay and July 26 against Toronto.
* Mark Reynolds was hitless last night and has just three hits over his last 22 at-bats. Two of those hits were homers on Sunday against Toronto.
* Vladimir Guerrero is hitless over his last four games, going 0-for-14 as his average has dropped from .285 to .274. Over his previous 10 games he hit .333 with two homers and five RBIs.
Tonight the Orioles face Baltimorean Gavin Floyd, who is 9-10 with a 4.56 ERA over 21 starts. In his start last Wednesday, he gave up 10 runs over 2 1/3 against the Yankees. But in his three starts before that, his ERA was 0.81 as he allowed just two earned runs over 22 1/3 innings.