Some notes as the Orioles and Angels wrap up a series today and the Orioles end a six-game homestand.
* Today the Orioles have a chance for their sixth series sweep of the season and first since they took four in a row at Minnesota in late August.
The Orioles’ five series sweeps this year:
April 1-3: 3 games at Tampa.
May 10-12: 3 games vs. Seattle.
May 24-26: 3 games vs. Kansas City.
June 6-8: 3 games vs. Oakland
August 22-25: 4 games at Minnesota
* The Orioles have now won four games in a row by a combined score of 24-9. They have won seven of their last ten games and the Orioles are 15-11 over the last 26 games since August 22 with four series wins and a team ERA of 3.95.
* The Orioles’ team ERA is 2.00 during the four-game win streak. O’s starters have now pitched exactly seven innings the last four games with an ERA of 1.61 in that stretch. Over the four games, Oriole starters have pitched 28 innings, allowing 19 hits and five runs with nine walks and 31 strikeouts. The last two games, O’s starters have allowed just one run in 14 innings.
* The Orioles need one more win to assure they will avoid a 100-loss season. No one is calling that an accomplishment, by the way, just pointing out a fact.
* The Orioles have won back-to-back series for the first time since beating Washington and KC from May 20-26.