The Orioles are having a very good September with a winning percentage of .640 this month. That is exceeded only by August when the Orioles played .667 ball. Not bad to have your two best months be the last two.
The Orioles went 18-9 in August and are 16-9 in September. The win percentage for the two months combined is .654 at 34-18.
The Orioles team batting average is .267 and the team OPS is .792 this month. The Orioles are averaging 5.36 runs per game in September with 40 homers. The team ERA is 3.50.
Here are some of the top September hitters:
* Chris Davis: .317-5-12 with .959 OPS.
* Adam Jones: .324-6-13 with .950 OPS.
* Nate McLouth: .294-4-8 with .841 OPS.
* Mark Reynolds: .235-9-24 with .861 OPS.
* Matt Wieters: .325-5-17 with 1.013 OPS.
Here are some of the top September pitchers:
* Chris Tillman is 1-0 with a 2.40 ERA in three starts.
* Joe Saunders is 2-2 with a 2.53 ERA in five starts.
* Miguel Gonzalez is 2-1 with a 3.86 ERA in four starts.
* Jim Johnson is 1-0 with a 0.87 ERA and seven saves in seven chances over 11 games.
* Tommy Hunter is 2-0 with an ERA of 0.84 in in nine games.
* Brian Matusz is 1-0 with a 1.04 ERA in 13 games.
* Steve Johnson is 2-0 with an ERA of 0.00 and no runs allowed over 15 1/3 innings this month.