Although the Royals, can't match the Orioles as a team defensively,they have been playing pretty good defense for several games now.
Kansas City tied a club record on Sunday by playing its 11th consecutive error-less game. That matches streaks the Royals also achieved in 1997 and 2011.
Kansas City hasn't made an error in the last 101 innings, which is five short of the KC club record. The Royals have just three errors this month.
On the year the O's rank first in the AL in fielding percentage at .992 and have made the fewest errors with 31, seven fewer than the next team. Kansas City ranks seventh in fielding percentage with 50 errors for the year.
Other notes about tonight's game:
* The Orioles are looking for a season high fifth straight win. They won four in a row twice before. The club's last five-game win streak was last Sept. 16-22 when the O's won six straight.
* Over their last 160 games, the Orioles are 97-63. That is the best record in baseball since last July 29.
* The O's team ERA in July is 3.77 so far, their best of any month this season. Their ERA was 3.81 in April, 5.06 in May and 4.40 in June.
* The O's are 2-1 this year against the Royals. They went 2-0 in Kansas City last season but were 3-7 there over the 2011-12 seasons.
* Manny Machado has now gone 11 consecutive games without a double, his longest stretch of the year.