It has been two starts and two wins for Bud Norris in an O’s uniform. He gave up two runs over six innings in beating his former Houston teammates and then gave up just one run over six innings to win at San Diego.
Norris is 2-0 with a 2.25 ERA over the two starts with four walks to 13 strikeouts over 12 innings.
So far, left-handed batters are hitting .292 (7-for-24) against him as an Oriole and right-handed batters are hitting only .105 (2-for-19) with seven strikeouts. Norris has given up just one hit over 12 at-bats (.083) when pitching with runners in scoring position.
Norris is the 14th different starter the O’s have used this year, which is two more than last season and their most since 14 in 1998. The most starters ever used by the Orioles was 19 in 1955.
A few other O’s notes:
* O’s pitchers have recorded five straight quality starts with an ERA of 3.00 in that stretch. Over the last 25 games, the Orioles have 18 quality starts with an ERA of 4.00 in that time.
* Over his last 19 games, Nate McLouth is batting .315 with five doubles, three triples and one homer. He has six RBIs over his last eight games.
* Adam Jones is batting .625 (10-for-16) in the four games of this road trip. He has had games of four, three, two and one hit. He is 15-for-31 (.484) during an eight-game batting streak with three doubles, a homer and seven RBIs.
* Jones has an AL-leading 77 hits on the road, and Manny Machado is second in the league with 76 hits. Chris Davis’ 40 extra-base hits on the road lead the majors.
* Davis (59) and Jones (53) are the only pair of teammates in the AL to each have at least one RBI in 50 or more games this year. The only other players with 50 or more are Allen Craig, Jay Bruce, Miguel Cabrera, Brandon Phillips and Paul Goldschmidt.
* Today’s San Francisco starter, Matt Cain, is 7-7 with a 4.47 ERA. He has pitched to an ERA of 1.64 over his last three starts. In 13 starts at home in 2013, he is 4-5 with an ERA of 5.00. Lefty batters hit just .216 off him and right-handed batters hit only .226 vs. Cain.