Washington Nationals Homestand Highlights vs. Minnesota Twins (April 22-24) & Philadelphia Phillies (April 26-28)
The upcoming homestand includes complimentary tickets for military service members, a giveaway item featuring Racing President Teddy and a visit from a NASA astronaut. There will also be several fun family activities, including Kids Opening Day, Scout Day and a celebration of Screech's birthday. As always, the Budweiser Terrace will feature daily happy hour specials, including $5 beers from the time gates open until 35 minutes before first pitch.
FRIDAY, APRIL 22
* Anthony's Academy All-Stars: Nationals 3B Anthony Rendon will bring a group of scholar-athletes from the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy - where Anthony sits on the Board of Directors - to Nationals Park for an opportunity to watch a game. As part of this season-long program, the group will enjoy a private meet and greet with Anthony, special batting practice viewing, tickets to the game and NatsBucks. For more information on the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy, visit nationalsacademy.org.
SATURDAY, APRIL 23
* Pups in the Park #1 Presented by Budweiser: On Saturday, Nationals fans and their canine friends can enjoy the first Pups in the Park of the 2016 season presented by Budweiser. Every dog participating in Saturday's pregame Pups parade will receive a co-branded Nationals/Budweiser dog leash. Fans and their pups will enjoy the designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area, featuring pet sitters and representatives from the Washington Humane Society and Fetch! Pet Care. All proceeds from dog tickets benefit the Washington Humane Society. Saturday's event is sold out. The next Pups in the Park will be held on May 14. Visit nationals.com/pups for additional information and future tickets.
* Scout Day #1: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies, Eagle Scouts and other groups from across the region are invited to Nationals Park for the season's first Scout Day. All scouts who purchase Scout Day tickets will receive a commemorative Nationals Scout Patch. For more information and tickets, visit nationals.com/groups.
SUNDAY, APRIL 24
* Kids Opening Day Presented by Jr. Nationals Kids Club: The Nationals invite the team's youngest fans to help kick off the 2016 season by celebrating Kids Opening Day. A variety of kid-friendly activities will be available before the start of the game, including face painters in the Family Picnic Area from 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. In addition, all kids ages 4-12 will have the opportunity to run the bases after Sunday regular season home games, weather permitting. Jr. Nationals MVP members (ages 12 and under) will have access to an exclusive line that will go onto the field first. For more information on the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, visit nationals.com/jrnats.
* Screech's Birthday: Happy 11th birthday, Screech! Mascots from across the D.C. area will be at Nationals Park to help Screech celebrate his big day. Screech and his friends will play fun games, including musical chairs, and participate in a special birthday ceremony on the field!
TUESDAY, APRIL 26
* Racing President Teddy Plush Window Cling: On Tuesday, the Nationals will give away Racing President Teddy Plush Window Clings to the first 20,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES. After the game, the Nationals are encouraging fans to share photos of where they placed the Teddy Window Plush Cling by using the hashtag #ClingTeddyCling. Participants will be entered to win complimentary tickets to a game in May.
* NASA Night at Nationals Park: NASA astronaut Kjell Lindgren will throw out the ceremonial first pitch on April 26 before the game against the Phillies. Dr. Lindgren recently returned from a six-month stay aboard the International Space Station, where he and his Expeditions 44 and 45 crewmates conducted hundreds of scientific experiments. As a tribute to the team, he brought along a Washington Nationals hat for his journey aboard the space station, and even threw a pitch in space.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27
* Patriotic Series Presented by SAIC - Military Appreciation Day: Military Appreciation Day marks the first of four games in the Patriotic Series presented by SAIC. The Patriotic series utilizes on-field programming and pregame ceremonies, themed giveaways and patriotic uniforms to honor service members and their families. As a thank you for their service and sacrifice, the Nationals will offer two complimentary tickets to members of the military (active duty, dependent, reservist or retiree) for every military ID presented at the Grand Staircase Box Office near First Base Gate beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Maximum of two tickets per ID. Complimentary and discounted tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last.
PARKING, SAFETY AND TRANSPORTATION
Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at http://hsema.dc.gov/page/alertdc.
As part of Major League Baseball's ongoing safety enhancements at all ballparks, Nationals Park introduced walk-through metal detectors before the 2015 season. These safety precautions will continue throughout the 2016 season. The Nationals have added metal detectors at all entrances, including Third Base, as well as the ADA First Base Accessible entrance. Fans are encouraged to allow plenty of extra time when getting to their seats.
Fans traveling to the ballpark should be aware that there are numerous new construction projects underway in the surrounding area. To ensure safe crossings, please be mindful of signage and directions given by public safety officers.
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.